The World Wide Web Consortium: Their site has a simple and
Sounds and Movies
Doing Business on the Web
Publicizing Your World Wide Web Site
Advertising on the Web
Keeping Track of Your Success
Running CGI Programs On Your Web Server
Using CGI Programs
- Some places to find Perl CGI programs:
HTML Forms: An Overview
Web Server Security And Maintenance
Keeping Your Server Running
The Web Server Handbook
These pages are a companion to Prentice Hall's The Web Server Handbook,
by Peter Palmer, Adam Schneider, and Anne Chenette.
Cascading Style Sheets
Absolute Positioning Extensions to CSS
Apache Web Server
Amaya Web Browser
Jibsaw Web Server
WEB SITES TO GAIN SKILLS:
Learn how to write html documents
Learn how to use Frames:
HTML 3.2 and Netscape 4.0
Learn how to automate GIFS:
Learn about TABLES:
Learn about Java:
USEFUL WEB SITES FOR DESIGN:
An HTML Design Guide & Style Sheet guide
SUN's web page design guide:
A very broad style guide:
Web site design:
JAVA BEANS COMPONENT PRODUCTS:
Jscape - Jscape Reusable Components
KL Group - Jclass BWT,Jclass Chart,Jclass LiveTable Pro
ProtoView Development - DataTableJ, TreeViewJ, CalendarJ, WinJ Library
Rogue Wave Software - Jchart,Jwidgets -
VENDOR SITE BOOKMARKS:
listing of internet service providers
JAVA WEB SITES:
Java Beans Resource
Sun Microsystems FAQ page on JavaBeans
Shareware for Java Applets, Sevlets and much more!
JAVA BEAN TOOLS:
Sun Microsystems - Java Workshop
PERL WEB SITES:
The Perl language home page
OTHER USEFUL APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WEB SITES:
Great selections of freeware and web utilities
HTML or Hypertext Markup Language is the coding language used to create web pages. It is one of the easiest coding languages to learn and use. However, learning basic HTML is just the beginning. You can create a webpage with just a basic understanding of HTML, but to create a site that can compete on the Internet, you will need to learn advanced HTML techniques as well as some other Web languages. Starting from the beginning is not hard, but it is necessary to reach the intermediate and advanced levels of web development.
- What Exactly is HTML? . An explanation of HTML, including terms, how it's structured on the page and other general tips and rules. A part of a larger discussion on how to build a webpage.
- Learn HTML . An interactive self-study guide.
- Vertebrate Zoology - How to Create HTML Documents . An overview of how to create an HTML document. Starting with an introduction to HTML and continuing with instruction on which tools to use and other design considerations.
- A Guide to HTML - A shorter overview of HTML from the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering. A part of a longer document on constructing a webpage, including a section on style.
- Basic HTML . An HTML tutorial with additional information on text styling. Also included additional resources.
- Presentation (Building a webpage tutorial) . This tutorial introduces the concept of building a webpage with HTML. It uses pictures and links to additional information to guide readers through creating a page, including the substructure of folders.
- Beginning HTML . A beginner's guide to coding in HTML. Includes examples and illustrative sample pages using those codes.
- A Simple Introduction to HTML . A simple guide that shows how easy it is to start making pages with HTML.
- Chapter 1 Getting Started: A Simple Web Site . Shows how to create a simple web page, continues into further discussion of CSS.
- What is HTML? - HTML Tutorial . A full tutorial including links to various resources and tools for HTML. Also has resources for more advanced web creation tools and tutorials.
- COMM 750, Web Studies/Digital Media . An introduction to both HTML and beginner-level CSS.
- Creating HTML Documents . A slightly more in-depth look at creating HTML documents.
- General Tips . A few things to consider before starting with HTML.
- Web Publishing . Learning HTML . A tutorial with objectives and goals, as well as the tools to reach those goals.
- HTML . An old but incredibly simple look at HTML and how to start writing it in plain text.
- HTML I . A full look at creating and structuring a webpage with HTML.
- Learning HTML . A full HTML tutorial that uses simple language so that everyone can understand it.
- Introduction to Web Design . A full collection of tutorials that delves into web development. Starting with an HTML intro that moves into more advanced methods of web design.
- W3 Schools HTML Tutorials . W3 is the ultimate web development resource. Its HTML tutorials start with beginner lessons and move into advanced HTML techniques. It uses simple language, examples and places to try each example on your own.
- Web Education Community Group Wiki . The Wiki of the World Wide Web Consortium, which is the standards keeper of the World Wide Web. The front page of the guide goes through Web standards, including HTML with links to more about each of them.
- HTML . A guide to HTML, including resources, tutorials and references from the Mozilla Developer Network.
- HTML . Living Standard . A frequently updated copy of the full HTML standard.
- HTML Goodies . An advanced resource focused on HTML and web development.
Technology Education Programs - Financial Aid - Certificates - Find Schools
Internet Movie Database: Search for information about almost any
movie ever made. (If this site is busy or slow, try a
Hypertext Webster Interface: Look up words in Webster's Dictionary